Brochure Printing in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch – NZ and how to find the best deal. Finding the best offer on printing brochures from online brochure print companies in AKL, WGTN, CHCH & New Zealand can be very time-consuming. You want to know that you’re getting the best value for money – with a great finish and feel without breaking the bank. You also want to know that your brochure design suits the stock you have your brochure printed on and with a lot of companies printing brochures in Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington as well as throughout NZ, sometimes the best deal is not right on your doorstep. We also see many companies try to sell people thousands of printed brochures (that they will probably never get through) when you may only need a few hundred brochures to promote to you customer base. And then there’s the question of which size is best? A3, A4, A5, A4 folded to DLE, A4 folded to A5, or maybe a simple DL flyer or rackcard may be more economical?
At tph.co.nz | NZ’s leading online print store we make sure that there are brochure options that will suit almost every business (and their wallet).
First and foremost we have free brochure templates available for you (or your brochure designer) to download from our site and then drop your artwork on to. These are found at; http://www.tph.co.nz/templates/
Using our templates will help ensure that your design fits the print area and allows you to see where the brochure will get folded (if you’re getting folds).
Here’s some tips to follow when choosing what look , feel and pricetag you are wanting when printing promotional brochures or corporate brochures for your business. These tips are primarily for A4 printed brochures folded to DL.
1. If you’re wanting a brochure that has a reasonable weight and durability, then anything around 150gsm is usually best. Art stocks that are under 135gsm will normally have show-through issues. This is when the image from the other side “shows through and makes it harder to read text or see images as clearly. This is especially noticeable when you are outside or in extremely well lit areas.
2. Cost of your brochures will be dependant on the weight of the stock used. That is why many of the pizza circulars you see come thru the letter box are extremely light weight – to keep the cost down – and they’re designed as a throw-away item. At TPH we have a range of brochures that are printed on 130 – 170gsm stock at extremely good rates. This means you get a quality printed brochure for less.
3. If you’re wanting to have you brochures folded down to a smaller size – then it’s best to not go over 150gsm in weight. Any stocks over 150gsm will normally require creasing before folding which can incur additional setup charges or even an additional process for some printers. Be aware that some 150gsm stocks can be thicker than others (eg. straight offset stocks are thicker than art stock) and may crack along the fold edge. This becomes very obvious where there is solid colour along the edge of the fold.
4. If cost is a factor for you, then consider simplifying your brochure down to fit on 2 sides of a DL (one third of an A4). That way you can get 3 times the number of flyers or brochures that you would if it was all on one A4.
5. If you’re planning on having your brochure stand up in racks or brochure holders, remember that gravity will be at work, and if your stock is too thin – it’s likely that your brochure will begin to bend / curl. A4 brochures folded to DL are usually fine when printed on 130gsm+ stock. If you’re only printing a single DL brochure/flyer (usually called a rackcard), we suggest you make sure the stock weight is around 300gsm.
6. Some brochures or single sided rackcards look great when they are laminated – however, if they are placed in the sun – you may find they begin to curl over, even when printed on heavier stock.
7. At TPH our brochure printing happens in Christchurch, Wellington or Auckland (and even offshore) depending on the needs of the client, the quantities or processes requested, and the timeframe.
For some of the best rates on Brochure Printing online in NZ make sure you visit;
You can also check out how brochures are actually produced by watching a quick video on how a brochure gets ordered, printed, folded and packed.
- more to follow…